Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello from Ohio, USA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AndyEagle80

AndyEagle80

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:13 PM

Hello All!

I have been repairing computers for family and friends since 2000 and professionally since 2003. I have a BS in Computer Science and Mathematics, A+, Mac Certified (10.3) and currently studying for Mac 10.6 certification exam. I like PCs and Macs and dabble some in Linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Mint). I have used these forums plenty of times before and thought it is high time to register. So have fun and may the Force be with you.

Andy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

Thanks for registering. I am sure many people here can benefit from your areas of expertise.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Speedy6691

Speedy6691

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

Hi
I am from Ohio also. ntmu

I have been working on computers for years. Got my first C 64 sometime early in the 80's. lol. It took about 45 minites to load my race
car game with the tape drive. I would get home from work, and start loading the game. While it was loading I would go to the store
or something. Maybe grab a burger. I had plenty of time.

Shortly after that I moved into the real world and got a 386! I was really smoking then! I had Windows 3.1. Man was that a mess.
I have had every cosumer edition of Windows since. I am still stuck on XP Pro. I need a better PC, and the money to get it. But I hope
to get one soon.

I played alot with Q Basic..wrote a program to print addresses on envelopes, and a couple other things I cant even remember. I loved
Q Basic. I did a lot of upgrades and repair on pc's for familiy and friends. I really enjoy working on them. I have built 3 of them from spare parts found while out junking. Its amazing what people throw away.

I love reading tech pages. And working out my own problems. That is why I joined this site. I have been looking at it for months, and
finaly decided to sign up

Nice to meet you Andy

Chuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users