Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not write media to disk

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 casey715

casey715

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:24 PM

I can not write any media to disk. Well....that is a lie. I DID manage to make a backup of my cpu files using Dell's backup program. I did it just to see if my internal drive was operational. I can use the drive to view media. I just cannot add media to a disk. It is not the disk themselves as I have used them on many occasions. I have updated the drive. Uninstalled the drive and reinstalled it. Manually installed updates to the drive. I even connected an external drive and cannot write media using this device. I don't know if ALL my files have become write protected or something of the like but it is very frustrating.

Thanks in advance for any help. Casey.

Dell XPS L501X
WINDOWS 7 64-BIT
Drive is HL-GT-TS DVD+-RW GT32N
C4

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Have you tried http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us ?

Louis

#3 casey715

casey715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Have you tried http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us ?

Louis

I tried microsoft fixit prior to the org. post. Honestly I don't think it is my drive. Perhaps it is my files? I downloaded Take Ownership and tried it out on my personal files, didn't help. I've changed the property to reflect anyone can manipulate the files and I am the only person who uses my computer. Anyone know how to use msconfig (what I should type in for values) to make sure all files are writable? Thanks Louis for the reply.
C4

#4 casey715

casey715
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

bump. still having same problem. any ideas?
C4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users