Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Already removed windows 7 repair (I hope) but Google search is redirecting

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#16 Biigdaddio

Biigdaddio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:48 PM

Appears fixed! Anything else to be done, other than clicking on paypal?

Fix result of Farbars's Recovery Tool (FRST written by farbar version 2.2.0)
Ran by SYSTEM at 2011-08-04 13:40:52 R:1
Running from G:\

==============================================

========= bootrec /FixMbr =========

’žT h e o p e r a t i o n c o m p l e t e d s u c c e s s f u l l y .

========= End of CMD: =========

=========== Control: ===========

The operation completed successfully.

==== End of Control: ====

==== End of Fixlog ====

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

Great. :thumbsup:

• This small application you may want to keep and use to keep the computer clean.
    Download CCleaner from here http://www.ccleaner.com/

• Run the installer to install the application.
    • When it gives you the option to install Yahoo toolbar uncheck the box next to it.
    • Run CCleaner. (make sure under Windows tab all the boxes of Internet Explorer and Windows explorer are checked. Under System check Empty Recycle Bin and Temporary Files. Under Application tab all the boxes should be checked).
    • Click Run Cleaner.
    • Close CCleaner.
  • Please delete FRST tool as we don't need it any more. Also go to C:\FRST and delete the entire FRST folder.
  • You may delete any tool or log we used from your computer.
  • Remove the old restore points and create a new restore point to prevent possible reinfection from an old one. Some of the malware you picked up could have been saved in System Restore. Setting a new restore point AFTER cleaning your system will enable your computer to "roll-back" to a clean working state if needed. :
    • Go to Start => Right-click "Computer" and select "Properties".
    • In the left pane select "System Protection".
    • Press "Configure".
    • Select "Delete". Then press "Continue" close and "OK".
    • Select your drive (drive C) and press "Create".
      Fill in a name for the restore point and press "Create".
      After finished press "Close".
Recommendations:
  • I recommend using Site Advisor for safe surfing. It is a free extension both for Internet Explorer and Firefox. When you search a site it gives you an indication of how safe a site is.
  • I recommend installing this small application for safe surfing: Javacools© SpywareBlaster
    SpywareBlaster will add a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer and Firefox settings and that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.
  • Download and install it.
  • Update it manually by clicking on Updates in the left pane and then Check for Updates.
  • Then enable all the protections by clicking on Protection Status on the left pane. Then click on Enable All Protection.
  • The free version doesn't have an automatic update. Update it once in two or three weeks and enable all protection again.

Happy Surfing Biigdaddio. :thumbup2:

#18 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:19 PM

This thread will now be closed since the issue seems to be resolved.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

Every one else should start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users