Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyaxe And Winfixer Removal Disabled My Email

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anthony1

Anthony1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

After following directions to remove winfixer trojan and spyaxe trojan, my system will not connect to email (yahoo) and Federal student aid forms websites. I'm afraid that running virtumundobegone has removed something it shouldnt. (maybe my fault) Windows XP Home will still run well and perform great except for this. I saved a group of "infected" files that were to be removed from system, but dont know which ones to replace.

Edited by Anthony1, 13 January 2006 - 08:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,732 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:52 AM

Anthony1,

Welcome to Bleeping Computer. Take a look at this pinned topic. Click Here. Try the steps there. If you still have a problem, please post back with specific urls and error messages. And also the list of "infected" files you saved.

Be (https:) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users