Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Updating Driver Fail

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Sonicccc

Sonicccc

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

Hello all. Recently I have been getting back into PC gaming. I was playing Diablo II again for a little while then that got boring. Then I remembered about a very fun game I used to play and still have two very good accounts active for; Rumble Fighter. I go through the whole download process and update and all that fun stuff. Then when the game finishes updating and it's loading up this anti hack program Hack Shield things go downhill. I'm starting to wonder if this has anything to do with me botting on Diablo II. Anyways the hackshield goes away and the game window opens up in windowed mode(saved registry file info from long ago). Next I get my cursor changing into a loading cursor and Rumble Fighter closes itself. I tried doing several things now like reinstalling, rebooting, ridding of excess processes etc. Since none of that has been working I figured it might be a problem with my video card not being able to handle the graphics so I go to Nvidia's website and download an .exe that is supposed to update my driver after running dxdiag and looking up all my video card information.

Tl;dr the driver after updating and then restarting made my graphics worse! To the point that when I rebooted I didn't have a normal login screen. It looked as though I was running windows 95 with no clickable user account. It was the good old type your username and password login. Then my graphics were stuck at extremely low levels. I could change to 800x600 resolution but the colors stayed at the absolute lowest. I was fairly scared until I was able to click rollback my driver, reboot and now I'm back to normal. But still what kind of stuff is this? Game doesn't work update my driver and it's not even an update it's an undate or redate or something. Can't anything work on this old hunk o junk?

Anyways if anyone's interested to stay on subject to this forum heres a dxdiag report Mediafire

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:23 AM

Can we get some system specs:

CPU, Video, OS, and motherboard.

#3 Sonicccc

Sonicccc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

Sure it's all in the mediafire download link but I know a way that I can just show you text. 1 sec

Okay I'm back. Sorry I don't know why I thought making you download a .txt file would be efficient at all D:

The reason for that was me submitting an inquiry to the game's website and they require a zipped version.

PasteBin

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

Well for one you are not running SP3 for Windows XP which could have caused the driver to fail, and your video card is extremely out of date.

What about your motherboard?

#5 Sonicccc

Sonicccc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

It's old. Gigabyte Ga-7vaxp

Do you think updating to SP3 would have any effect on my game working?

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Yes SP3 can impact a lot of things and is required to maintain support from MS.

Was it this file that you downloaded:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71_2.html

#7 Sonicccc

Sonicccc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:00 AM

Yes that was the file I downloaded that messed things up. I'm going to download SP3 now then. Thank you for the support already.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:10 AM

Keeping your computer updated is a good way to prevent issues from happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users