Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dropped my hp mini, now it's discolored on one side! Plz read:(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sassy98

sassy98

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

Okay to make the long story short, my mother bought me an hp 110 mini for my birthday a year ago. I had a laptop at the time so I never used it. Now, FINALLY when I just started using this brand new laptop, it fell off my bed and dropped onto the wood floor.

So as I mentioned, it's discolored on one side of the screen, the actual screen is not cracked/broken, it's just the color inside wont let me see anything of my desktop on the left side.

Okay I didn't make the long story short, but my mom is a single mother on disability, she worked hard to get me this laptop. I really need help on how to fix it, O haven't told my mom yet, I feel so bad I can't sleep. Anyway, I live in brampton, on, Canada. If anyone knows a cheap way or person/business that can fix my problem, I will be forever grateful.

Thanks for reading!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sassy98

sassy98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:15 AM

ps: When I tried print screen to get a snapshot of what it looks like, it came out normal, meaning no discoloration I could see my whole desktop just fine :S

So does that mean the color is more external than I think?

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:04 AM

I don't know anyone that could repair it for you, but it sounds like the LCD cable may have came loose. Or the inverter could have been damaged... but I'm banking on the first one as long as there is no physical damage to the screen itself. I would suggest using google for local repair shops/people repairing a laptop can be a daunting task for someone who doesn't have the experience and usually leads to broken plastic and missing screws.

#4 sassy98

sassy98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:15 PM

Yes there is no physical damage on the screen. Can you give me an estimate range of how much it should cost to get it fixed? (CND OR US $) I don't want to get ripped off. Also, how much does an HP mini 110 cost generally? I never bought it, but the warrantly just expired :( And I'm wondering if I should just buy a new one or get it fixed. Which ever is a better deal.

Thanks!!

#5 sassy98

sassy98
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

hi guys, I'm selling both of my used laptops to someone who buys broken laptops in my area.

I don't know much about computers, so I don't want to get ripped off. Based on the info below, how much do you think is a reasonable price to accept from someone looking for parts etc and owns a used computer shop.(CND $)

1. Barely used hp mini 110, was not used for a year. Just starting using it and dropped it. The LCD screen seems to be cracked and it's (internally) visible on the left side of the screen. Right side I can still seek desktop. No physical damage, it's just internal. Battery is perfect, have original box and manuals. Nothing downloaded on it except virus software.

2. dell inspiron 1501, 15inch screen, still have original box, manuals, cds, but this laptop has been used for University for 3 years. Battery is dead (lasted like 6 months when i bought it brand new) but works fine on charger. Keyboard is missing some keys because I ripped them apart myself to clean under. But I have the buttons that are missing so can be put back on. Some physical damage, but it works fine. Sometimes overheats.

Thank you so much to anyone who answers. Also, is there a risk in selling my laptop. Ie; I did all my banking on it. Should I reboot and set it to factory settings first?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users