Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Email/msngr Hacked.. Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Timtropolis

Timtropolis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

Greetings all,

Last week my computer was hacked via yahoo messenger. The hacker installed a keylogger and
basically took my password for my yahoo acct and I am locked out. The hacker also changed
my personal info so I can't go in and change the password back myself.

I have contacted Yahoo on a persistent basis over the last week (10 emails and counting thus far) but all I keep getting back is form mails and such. Does anyone know how to get a hold of these guys other than thru thier help pages? Anyone know of a phone number (which would be great) or someother way?

TIA

Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:32 PM

Hi Timtropolis

You could try this link and see if it helps. :thumbsup:

Yahoo Account Security Questions and Issues

Let us know how it works out for you.
Posted Image

#3 Timtropolis

Timtropolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:45 PM

Hi Scarlet,

Tyvm for responding.

I have used this link, in fact it was the first link I used to report the problem.
I've tried one other as well which was part of the security screen but all I keep
getting back is form emails stating that I need to provide the appropriate personal
info from when I set up the account(which I've done) , but as I explained in my first post,
they just keep responding with form emails stating that I must provide these things...
so I'm at a loss here on how to get these guys to help me. Tyyin to think outta the box here, ya know?

Tim

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

Here is there address and phone #. Good Luck!

Yahoo! Inc.
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, California 94089
Phone (408)-349-1572

Office Hours 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST

Well besides getting through to Yahoo. Have you ran any security scans?
Antivirus, antispyware/adware etc.

You may be able to rid yourself of the pest through security measures.
It may not help the Yahoo problem. But you should try to clean your system anyways
Just a suggestion.

Edited by Scarlett, 13 January 2006 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Timtropolis

Timtropolis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

ty again Scarlett.

fyi, I did run all those things you suggested as well as anti-keylogger which found a trojan keylogger
and disabled it.

#6 Casharion

Casharion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

Hello everyone!

I just had the very same thing happen to me 3 days ago. I am in the process of the never ending emails with yahoo. I have had my account now for over 5 years and would like to keep it. Help! how do I get my account back.

Thanks much

Casharion
Thanks,
Cash

"Consult not your fears, but your hopes and dreams. Think not about your frustrations, but about your unfulfilled potential. Concern yourself not with what you have tried and failed in, but with what it is still possible for you to do."
- Pope John XXIII

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users