Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ran combofix and now can't connect to internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 houjew

houjew

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

I ran combofix today and after combofix was finished I suddenly get the unidentified network message. I have tried flushing dns,reseting,releasing,winsock etc.
When I do ipconfig I get tunnel adapter local area connection media disconnected unidentified network, tunnel adapter wireless connection media disconnected unidentified network. ipv4 connectivity no internet access, ipv6 no internet access. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

When you ran Combofix did you allow it to create a log? The log should show what files it Quarantined and those files would be saved in a folder named QooBox\Quarantine on your C: drive, there should also be a text file called ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt and a folder containing your registry backups.

The log files and the Quarantine folder will give you an idea what Combofix removed from your system or changed.

There is a strong possibility it removed a file related to your network connection, it may have been infected or replaced with a tainted file.

If you can post what it removed or quarantined, the chances of us helping you replace those files with clean ones will be much more possible.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Please...do not post the ComboFix log data here. For analysis of such, the appropriate forum is BC Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html .

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

#4 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hamluis is correct, do not post your logs here in this section of forum.

If you are still with us here, I suggest you go to control panel, look for device manager, look for network adapters, expand this area if it isn't already expanded, look to see if there is a red 'X' or yellow exclamation mark in this area.

Is there either of those showing up in this area?

If this is the case, your drivers were deleted.

Since your NIC is not being recognized by your computer, this would indicate your drivers were infected and were removed. Chances of hardware detection programs such as Speccy listing the proper credentials for your NIC would not be possible.

My request to you was to tell us what files were quarantined, so it can be determined if you need to replace those files with clean, uninfected copies for your NIC to function properly again.

If you wish to post your logs instead, please follow what Hamluis recommended above and post those to the proper section of the forum board.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,875 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:25 AM

Topic closed to prevent add-on posting.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users