Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus has put login username and password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Memo1989

Memo1989

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

This problem is not one of a kind... I've searched the net and found many people having the problem but I can't find the answer. I searched this website and found the problem but the answerer said it is an issue of security and cannot be answered in public and of course we appreciate it. He said email me for the information. However I did not know his email he did not write it down and I could not access the profile. the problem is a virus has put new user name called Administrator and of course a password I can't figure out. I can't access windows at all and I have extremely important work which is not backed up i need to get rid of the password thing, and the virus without needing to wipe all my files out. Please help me this is really important the files are very important because I write on word documents directly from my head I even do not have hardcopy so I really need it. Thank you so much

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

You should have another account on the computer besides the Administrator one. One way you can reset the Administrator Password is by downloading: http://www.ubcd4win.com/ and use the password tools provided by The Ultimate Boot CD.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:45 PM

I deal with viruses and malware almost every day and have to admit that I have never seen a single one that will add a password protected Administrator account.

I dont think we have reference to one in our virus database here either.

Can you give us a little more background information?
The more information the better.

Is this a laptop or a tower system?
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users