Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to wifi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 darkside701

darkside701

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

This is a friends computer no idea the model but he says when he switches the wifi switch on it will normally auto connect to the internet but it can't find his wifi signal. He says it works when it is hardwired but wifi is a no go what should I tell him to look for first?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:07 PM

Is he able to see any wireless networks?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Sometimes a problem like this can be solved by resetting the router... I've had a few times when I couldn't connect to my wireless. I reset the router and boom it started working again. Hopefully he knows where his router is. The reset button is usually a small, recessed button on the back. It should be labelled 'reset'.

Edited by Ryan 3000, 23 July 2011 - 01:23 PM.

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users