Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internal Error 2343

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

Hi,

Recently had a bout with a Trojan in Dec. which I beat.... During my battle everytime I started my comp. windows installer started also, stating it was installing HP camera which I already had installed !!!! So to get rid of this annoyance I uninstalled my HP camera ..... Then it started popping up again this time trying to install my HP printer... So I uninstalled it also....No more messages.. I killed the beast!!!!! Now I was going to reinstall my HP stuff and keep receiving an "Internal Error 2343" message on both camera and printer installs with an additional message on printer install "Fatal Error During Installation".......

I have ran "msiexec /regserver" to no avail.....
also "sfc /scannow" still nothing.....

recently installed NET Framework which didn't seem to install properly.....

and can't get into "Safe Mode" flashes "Keyboard Error""

Also tried the association fixes at:

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Still can"t get them to install !!!!!!!

Any Ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:46 PM

do you have a usb keyboard or a keyboard that you have to push a special button to activate the function keys? Sometimes these make it difficult to boot into safe mode.

as an alternate to pressing f8 try

1. From the Windows Start menu, click Run.

2. In the Open field, type MSCONFIG and click Ok.

3. On the BOOT.INI tab, check /SAFEBOOT.

4. Click Restart when prompted.

#3 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

Hey franktiii,

Thanks for the info......

Was able to start in safe mode thanks to you....

Ran all my anti-everything stuff and came up clean !!!

Still can't install HP stuff. (by the way I did reinstall microsofts Picture It OK)

My keyboard is plugged in to the keyboard port (PS/2 I think)...

I'll try to get into Safe Mode with F8 again and see if I tickled anything with my Safe mode scans...

Any more ideas would be appreciated.

THANKS

#4 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:14 PM

Have you gone to hp website and see if you have the latest drivers? That might help.

#5 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:12 AM

Hey franktiii,

Went to HP site and followed their process for reinstall....

That consisted of accessing my registry and "exporting" my "windows installer" files from;

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT-(Installer)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Installer

to a new folder on desktop.........
(only had installers in ROOT and MACHINE).

Was then able to install both camera and printer!!!!!!!! " ALL RIGHT " I thought.......

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I proceeded to " MERGE " my windows installer files back to the registry and
a " windows installer " window popped up........and another, and another, and another,
and another, etc. ABOUT EVERY 5 secs.............................................................

I was able to "export" the installers out of the registry in between the pop ups!!!!!!!!
The popups stopped.......It was a workout !!!!!!!

After I composed myself ( and had a smoke LOL ) I decided to run all my anti-everything stuff.
As I opened each one, a " windows installer " window popped up ( only one )....
Then no more.....

All the anti-everythings came up clean......

So I ran HiJackThis...... Two new entries......... An EPSON printer one ( which I had a while ago )
and a REAL PLAYER one ( which I also had 3 years ago ).

I deleted both.........

So thats where I'm at now...........

Obviously theres something in those reg. files.....

How do I check those files ???????? Can I ???????

Does Windows have an installer to download ???????

If so can I delete the old ones ???????

THANKS for any help

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:17 AM

I would try running the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility in your situation.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

Quite a few of the search results for this error on google come up with problems related to Microsoft Office. Do you use this? Have you tried the Office "repair" function?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:53 PM

Hi Leurgy, usasma,

Thanks for the input !!!

Before I tried the windows installer cleanup, I figured I had to "merge" back all the installer stuff
back to reg.... I didn't want to go through popup hell again, so I uninstalled the HP printer and
camera first..... I then "merged" back the installer files to reg.. No problems or popups!!!
I then did some random checking of a few programs ...... Most everything seemed somewhat OK
Except most all the microsoft programs.!!!!!! When I hit; Start > All Programs > and ANY microsoft
program, a window popped up stating "Problem with Shortcut" and "This action is only valid for
products that are currently installed" !!!!!! So I then went to "My Comp", got into Programs, then
OFFICE 10 and was able to get into WORD, PUBLISHER, and POWER POINT.... Could not get into
basic OFFICE !!!! Still couldn't access through "All Programs"......................

I then ran "Windows Installer Cleanup" ...... No change !!!!!! While at the Microsoft site I found a "fix"
for "Error 2343" called "err2343.exe" (more or less for OFFICE it stated)..... Still no help!!!!!

Have a new popup window which occasionally pops us from connection manager which says
something like "You or a program has requested info from "gwcrab.sarcastro.com" which I have
never heard of. So I stop connection..........

Did a Kaspersky online scan . Found six "System Volume" bugs and one "C/Program" bug;
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\hgqhp.exe Deleted all those with "KillBox"

I have run SPYBOT, ADAWARE, EWIDO, A SQUARED,MICRO ANTI-SPYWARE and AVAST !!! Along with
CW SHREDDER, CC CLEANER, CLEAN CASHE and WINDOW CLEANER !!! Also running SPYWARE GUARD,
WIN PATROL and SPYWAREBLASTER........

I do have, but have not ran WINPFIND, FIXWAREOUT, BLACKLIGHT and SILENT RUNNERS...........
Do you think any of these would help ??????? I am not comp. literate enough to understand their results..

Should I go to the HJT forum????

Any more help would be appreciated. THANKS

#9 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

usasma,

I forgot to add, that I went to Micro Office site... Couldn't find Office "repair" ..
Is it in my Office program??? If so I can't access it...Where can I find it....

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:13 AM

Repair is usually under the Help menu item in any Office program that you open. Also, it can be accessed through the "Add or Remove Programs" applet in Control Panel (where it says "Change/Remove in the options for Office programs).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 TEEDUB2

TEEDUB2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 12:57 PM

Hi usasma,

Found the "Office Repair" in WORD... Tried to run and received a message "Microsoft WORD has not
been installed for the current user. Please run the setup to install the application". I tried other "OFFICE" products I could get into and recieved the same message. Now I can't access any of them!!!!!!

Went to control panel "Add or Remove Programs" and OFFICE is not there!!!!!!! I have a program called
"My Uninstaller" which I opened and found "Microsoft Office XP Pro" and "Micsosoft Office XP Media Content"
I then tried to open the installer folders and couldn't!!!! I'm thinking about HAVING to uninstall OFFICE and
reinstalling it but I have two problems with that... I don't want to lose my documents and I didn't get a
"Office XP Pro"disc when I got my Dell Comp (or can't find it anyway).

What next????????????

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Back up your documents first.

Are you logging in as administrator?

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

Yep, back up your documents. I just lost an Excel spreadsheet with BlackVipers last update to his XP Services Guide - I'm pi**ed!

Do you have any sort of recovery options here? The Dell might have had a recovery partition that's hidden - and it may have a copy of Office on it. BUT, did you register that copy? If it was a trial version, did you pay for the full version? Could it be that the trial period has run out?

Long and short of it - if it's a Dell, and you're the legal, registered owner of it - you should be able to get the disks from Dell. But, I can't get into their support site unless I own a Dell (which I don't) so we'll have to leave that up to you! They may have instructions on the hidden partition there - and they may have instructions of the recovery CD's (they may cost you - but not as much as the Microsoft stuff will).

What I'm looking at is having you run SFC.EXE /SCANNOW from the Run dialog - but you'll need the source of the XP installation to do this.

If that fails, then you'll need to perform a repair install of XP (on some computers this is referred to as a non-destructive installation, or a re-installation of XP). You'll need the XP install source for that also.

#14 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:56 PM

Whoops usasma I think its an HP. :thumbsup:

Maybe this will help:

HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP

Or is it a Dell? :flowers:

Edited by Leurgy, 19 January 2006 - 08:14 PM.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Leurgy! Lot's of stuff about his trials and tribulations with HP - camera, printer, stuff, and registry hacks - so it's most likely an HP.

But, the last post refers to the Dell copy of Office XP Pro!

I'm starting to suspect that it's the Dell software on an HP that's causing this problem! They both like to use proprietary hardware and software - and it could be that there's a "glitch" in the custom settings for the Dell software that won't work on the HP hardware.

But, then again, since he didn't get a copy of Office XP Pro with the Dell, how could it be a problem on the HP? Was there a copy with the HP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users