Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ESPN3 site not loading properly

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trandolph

trandolph

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

ESPN3 has stopped loading correctly. There should be a large clickable picture at the top of the screen as well as a list of 'featured events' down the right side that are not appearing. The 'remote access', 'watch now', 'upcoming' and 'replay' buttons do not work, they are clickable but nothing happens when I click them.
I am running Windows 7. I have the same result regardless of browser. The site loads properly on my laptop (connected wirelessly) but not on my desktop. I have updated everything I can think of, cleared caches and cookies, reset the router, reset internet settings, disabled add-ons, ran Firefox in safe mode, tried a different user profile and nothing has worked. Help please!
Here is a pic of how the site is appearing for me.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ryan 3000

Ryan 3000

• Members
  • 834 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

I think your major determining factors here would be 1) your Adobe Flash Player and 2) your video card's drivers. Have you updated both of those?
No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land.

#3 trandolph

trandolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Ryan-
Yes, I uninstalled and reinstalled Flash and checked my video card drivers both through Windows' device manager and through the manufacturer's website. Thanks for the suggestions!

#4 trandolph

trandolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

While thinking about this, I remembered that I did some tinkering with the hosts file a little while back (I know, I know...). I goofed some stuff up and wound up having to download and run a Microsoft hosts file fix. Pretty sure my current problem started around that time, could this be due to a bad hosts file entry or something?

#5 trandolph

trandolph
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

YES! It was the hosts file! Whatever new hosts file I downloaded to correct my goofup contained a bunch of espn and go.com sites. Took them out and the site loads properly. Mods can lock/delete this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users