Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 linked_up

linked_up

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

I just installed a new battery in my Acer Aspire 5100 laptop a few days ago. It seemed to be working fine. The indicator light is amber until batt. is fully charged then goes to green.. Just today the amber light is blinking,and battery does not seem to be charging ( ive been on for hours with ac cord plugged in and no green light so far)If I pull out the ac cord the indicator light goes out -no green or amber light--but laptop continues to opperate normally..what does a blinking amber mean? I looked at the acer manual, but nothing about the blinking light..

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEYQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fjohnlamansky.com%2Ftech%2Fa-blinking-orange-power-light%2F&ei=CXkqTtLENaPcmAXQndiUDA&usg=AFQjCNGyAO5Nj499bpIU5AsMO0l_KUNpTg
The link above gives general information for a start , but then Many people have also added on to the original post -
Hope you find something in the post , or in the many extra comments left by all the visitors -

Thank you -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users