Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Problem!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 RizaHawkeye

RizaHawkeye

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

I know I have at least one virus, since every time I click on a Google search result link, I'm redirected to something entirely. I have to copy/paste the actual link into a new tab for it to work. I've already read that this is, indeed, a virus, but I can't remove it right now because of another problem!

Even in Safe Mode, I cannot use any anti-spyware/malware/virus programs! I can download them without a problem, even start them up! But as soon as I click Scan, the program disappears (shuts down) and is instantly deleted from my computer. I've tried looking up forums where people have had similar problems, but none of them really apply to me. When I try to restart the program, I get the error message, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate the permissions to access this item." I check the Program Files and the .exe file for whatever program it was, is missing. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, installed from different sites! I've tried all the solutions to problems that are somewhat similar. I have nothing to show for it.

PLEASE HELP ME! >':

Edited by RizaHawkeye, 22 July 2011 - 10:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

Please download and run the below tool named Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) which may help allow other programs to run.

There are 4 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.

Vista and Win7 users need to right click Rkill and choose Run as Administrator

You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.

* Rkill.com
* Rkill.scr
* Rkill.exe

* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
* If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.
* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
* If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
* Do not reboot until instructed.
* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.

Then immediately....

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.

Be sure to restart the computer.

The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 RizaHawkeye

RizaHawkeye
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Thank you very much for the reply.

I downloaded Rkill without a problem and used it. I downloaded Malwarebytes without a problem, updated it, opened it and selected Quick Scan, then pressed Perform. It did the same thing as before: disappeared from my screen and was deleted. I ran Rkill again and retried Malwarebytes, but it just did the same thing.

Here are the two logs for Rkill, if you want them.

This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 07/23/2011 at 14:17:00.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

\\.\globalroot\Device\svchost.exe\svchost.exe
C:\Users\karen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
C:\Users\karen\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

Rkill completed on 07/23/2011 at 14:17:03.

~~

This log file is located at C:\rkill.log.
Please post this only if requested to by the person helping you.
Otherwise you can close this log when you wish.

Rkill was run on 07/23/2011 at 14:22:16.
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Processes terminated by Rkill or while it was running:

Rkill completed on 07/23/2011 at 14:22:19.

Edited by RizaHawkeye, 23 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,086 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

Reference: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic410895.html/page__p__2345238#entry2345238

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Removal Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the logs you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on, the Malware Removal Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the Malware Removal Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Now that your log is posted and you are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the Malware Removal Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Removal Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users