Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New CPU Heatsink

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 90awdturbo

90awdturbo

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I recently purchased a Thermal Alright Ultra-120 Extreme Rev C. CPU heatsink for my PhenomII 925 AM3 processor. When i purchased this i made sure that it was compatible with the AM3 socket, however when i received it the box says it's for a 1366 processor. Also, the mounting kit it came with is also for a 1366 socket. With that aside, will i need to purchase a new mounting kit for this thing or should it magically bolt onto my AM3+ motherboard?

I have yet to even take my new MB out of the box so i apologize if i'm overlooking something simple.
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,135 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Contact Thermalright and let them know the adapter was not included. I purchased the Thermalright Venomous X for my 6 core and it did not include the adapter and Newegg.com does not carry it. Newegg offered to refund the cost and shipping however Thermalright Sent me out the correct adapter free of charge. You need the AMD Socket AM2 / AM3 Bolt-Thru-Kit Rev.2. Contact them @ support@thermalright.com.
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 90awdturbo

90awdturbo
  • Topic Starter

• Validating
  • 144 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

I've contacted Thermal Alright regarding a new adapter. Thank you for steering me in the right direction!
"Your biggest critics are your best friends" -Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users