Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NVidia GTX 550 Ti dual monitors not working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jd299

jd299

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 PM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

I have a Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti card. It has two DVI slots and one mini-HDMI port.

I use the DVI port with my monitor, and wanted to try to use the HDMI with my TV. So I connected it, but no image appeared. Weird, I thought. So I rebooted and logged on to both Windows and Ubuntu, and yet the only screen with an image was my monitor. I turned the PC off, disconnected the DVI cable, leaving only the TV connected to the HDMI port. Turned the PC on and there we go! I had an image.

Then when I was done I wanted to go back to my monitor so I connected the DVI cable back to the DVI port, but nope, no image. Had to again reboot and disconnect the HDMI cable for it to work.

How can I get them to work at the same time?

Or at least be able to switch between them without rebooting?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

You need to set the multiple display settings in the Nvidia Controll panel. Right click on your desktop and select Nvidia control panel. Next select Advanced settings, Then on the left hand pane expand the display option and select set up multiple displays. Have your TV plugged in and select which option you want. Clone (same picture on both the TV and the monitor) Dual view (Tv and monitor are treated as two separate displays) Horizontal span (expands the windows desktop to cover both displays) or Vertical span (same only the monitors are arranged vertical instead of horizontal)

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users