Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpu Processor Problem.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

my processor is going haywire recently it keeps running at 100% when it normally should run at 4% to 6% (web browsing) and because of this it keeps slowing down that much that its almost impossibe to use, do you think i should put some fresh thermal grease on and if so is it ok just to turn off the pc and put some on or do i have to install it or something im not sure. also is there any chance that this is a virus or something i have rune several virus scans and adware scans etc but come up empty, any ideas?
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

This is commonly a problem with drivers or software rather than hardware.

Ive seen this common with buggy video card drivers. Also with crashing or corrupt services.

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:09 AM

U can also download a application that controls cpu usage and makes your comp run alot cooler in general. I cant remeber wat it is called so just google it.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 conk

conk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 12:13 PM

ok thanks guys, looks like it wasnt hardware related all 3 of the pcs on my network are doin it now. ill fugure it out when i go back home.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users