Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disk Space to use

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rose0295

rose0295

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

I'm using IE 9 and I am trying to set my "disk space to use" to 50. I hit "ok", close the browser and re-open it and it keeps reverting back to 250.

Can someone help? I can't find any answers online and I've been trying to fix it for a week now.

Thank you!

- Sorry, does this need to be posted under Web Browsing?

Edited by rose0295, 21 July 2011 - 07:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

Why not just leave it alone?

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:07 AM

a. Go to Internet Options
b. Click on the General Tab
c. Click "Settings" in Temporary internet Files Box
d. Here you can increase or decrease the storage capacity.

You may also try the steps listed below and check:
Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. Link:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Back-up-the-registry

a. Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
b. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\Cache\Content registry subkey.
c. Double-click CacheLimit, change the Base to Decimal, enter the amount of space you want to use for temporary Internet files (in kilobytes) in the "Value data" field, then click OK.
d. Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Cache\Content registry subkey.
e. Double-click CacheLimit, change the Base to Decimal, enter the same value you entered in Step 3, then click OK.
f. Close the registry editor

Taken from Microsoft Answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users