Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DeepFreeze incorrectly installed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joggiwagga

joggiwagga

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

EDIT: I finally got a response from Faronics and am being sent instructions to remove the corrupted install.

So, in setting up a public access computer our last step is to install DeepFreeze. For whatever reason when I installed it this time it took, the computer is "frozen" however the icon in the notification area to open and interact with DeepFreeze refuses to appear.

In program files I can find the file for DeepFreeze, but cannot open it, and can do nothing with the system processes (which does make sense, even if its frustrating).

Version number is 4.20.120.0613

1. Yes, I am a computer administrator, I am not trying to break into a machine that I should not.
2. I do know the the passwords for DeepFreeze, if I could get the interface to open!

I have contacted Faronics for support, waiting on an answer. I did find this site http://usuarios.arnet.com.ar/fliamarconato/pages/emain.html but I'm a bit leery.

Edited by hamluis, 01 August 2011 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 AM

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Glad you resolved it, happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users