Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LAN disabled

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 C.Mageshkumar

C.Mageshkumar

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:48 AM

I am Using Dual os WIndows XP and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS , now OS is working well but Lan not enabled in ubuntu and xp , that system connect to other Lan point Lan is enabled >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Edited by C.Mageshkumar, 22 July 2011 - 01:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:48 AM

Look in the tray (probably the area on the right end of the taskbar) to see if your networking daemon is there and running. If it isn't, or if you can't tell for sure, try opening a terminal and typing:

nm-applet &

That may be enough to get it working, or simply put the applet in the tray where you can configure it. I've seen the applet fail to run by default lately and figured out a workaround rather than investigate why (I'm lazy that way).

If that doesn't do what you need try typing lspci in the terminal and post the output here so there's information about the hardware that might help figure out what's needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users