Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AcLayers.DLL

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DeadlyLegion

DeadlyLegion

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Hello! I recently had an unexpected crash and have recovered my computer.
Now on every boot I recieve this error message twice in a row:
Posted Image
The Picture

Sorry it's in danish but it says: "ISUSPM.exe - Error in (depiction - not sure of translation)" "C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.DLL is either not intended to run on Windows or contains an error. Try reinstalling the program with the help from the original installation media or contact the sys admin or the software vendor if you seek help."

I have tried inserting the Win7 CD and repairing but it finds no errors. I have also searched around a bit but the other people having this problem are running vista and since I am running win7 pro I find this odd.

Does anybody have any idea of how to fix this problem on windows 7?

EDIT: I temporarily uninstalled the InstallShield update Service. However my AcLayers.DLL seems to be corrupt and I can not launch any programs in compatibility mode. How can I fix this?
EDIT 2: I have tried doing a "sfc /SCANFILE=C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll" in a cmd with admin rights but the response was: Found some damaged files, but they could not be fixed.

Edited by DeadlyLegion, 20 July 2011 - 09:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:14 PM

Welcome aboard Posted Image

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 DeadlyLegion

DeadlyLegion
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Broni, Here you go :)

Oh crod it did not save attachments...

Edit: Here is an external dl:
www.edwardh.org/Files/AutoRuns.txt

Okay an update:

I fixed it through trial and error, here is what I did:
  • I extracted the DLL from the windows 7 installation disc as described in this tut: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/42776-extract-files-windows-7-installation-dvd.html (thanks to Lance1 from another forum)
  • In order to get access to the dll file you need to boot your PC with your windows CD
  • First however you must identify your drives as the letters get sceweud up, I did this with a simple file with the filename of the drive I needed
  • Next go ahead and boot up with the cd, chose your settings, press next and chose repair
  • Next pick "Command Promt" option and enter:
  • use the dir command to find the right drive(s). For example enter: dir C:\ and so on
  • After your have found both the replacement AcLayers.dll and the right drives use this command:
  • copy (drive with replacement):\AcLayers.dll (drive with the broken):\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll
  • Now restart

Edited by DeadlyLegion, 21 July 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 PM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

Good job :)
Thank you for posting back with your solution.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users