Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio/video Files Play Too Fast

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lore

lore

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:03 AM

So, I know it's probably something really simple but I've attempted everything within my limited knowledge and I just have no idea. My audio files play as if they've all been rerecorded by clowns on helium. Way too fast.

Surprisingly this is actually an improvement on the Crash Test Dummies. ;)

My sound card is built in with the motherboard and I have an extra sound card but I'm not sure if installing it would have any effect. I suspect it's the driver but then again (despite having looked it up three times) I'm still not exactly sure how drivers work. I also don't know what I should be installing or if maybe it's just a setting that I have to tweak. It's universal (all my media players do the same thing and I've fiddled with the settings on all of them as well, and I know RealPlayer has a specific setting for just this sort of problem and even that didn't work). I have RealPlayer, WinAmp, iTunes, QuickTime, DivX, and Windows Media Player. My OS is Windows 2000.

I...can't think of anything else. Does that cover it? Thanks in advance for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

Does the music actually play faster i.e. 3 min song plays in 1 min? or its just higher pitched?

I'd be looking for audio-software sound effects which have been turned on by mistake, but I think your aware of this stuff from your post here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=0&#entry220138

Go to Control Panel.
Double click the 'System' icon.
Click the Hardware tab.
Click the Device Manager button.
You will see a list of hardware devices recognised by your system.
Do any of them have a red or yellow symbol after the name?
If so look at the properties of the device indicated (by double clicking on it).

If you have the motherboard driver CD handy or have downloaded the latest (Win2000) drivers for the mobo then look under "Sound, video and game controllers" in Device Manager and uninstall the driver for the 'xyz AC97 Audio' press apply or OK to exit and reboot. Windows should redetect the sound 'card' and you can install the drivers. See if that helps.

P.S. Get rid of Real Player, you can still play the files with Real Alternative, download here:
http://www.free-codecs.com/Real_Alternative_download.htm
Or Media Player Classic can play Real and Quick time formats and most others too http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Vi...r-Win2kXP.shtml
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users