Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq Mini Netbook Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lenymar

Lenymar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

I have a compaq mini netbook. For some reason everytime i turn it on it restarts about 1 minute after. When I first turn it on it automatically goes to a screen that says safe mode, safe mode networking, start normally, etc. Once i click one of them it brings me to the windows xp start up but then it restarts and goes back to the first page. I tried all of the options given on the first screen but it just continues doing the same thing over and over. i've clicked on f9 and f10 and done test and on the memory test it says that it's passed but when i do the other test it says 7 out of 7 failed. I have gone on google trying to see if anyone else has experienced the same problem and many people have but everytime i find the solution it involves inserting a disc and following further instructions. However i cannot do that because i have a NETBOOK and the netbooks don't let you insert cd's, it doesn't even have the slot. I'm sorry this is such a long explanation and everything, if you don't understand what i mean im sorry, im not very good at explaining things as you can see. Anyway if anybody knows what i should do PLEASEEEEE help me. Thank You.

Edit: Moved topic from 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,095 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

...but when i do the other test it says 7 out of 7 failed.>>

What...might this "other test" be, please?

Louis

#3 Tendoncs

Tendoncs

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

It sounds like your system is blue screening.

restart your computer and hit f8.

this will take you to the window that allows you to select disable auto restart on system failure.

http://chekmytektips.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/disable-automatic-restart.jpg?w=375&h=250

Then restart the system this should allow the blue screen to be displayed on the screen long enough for you to write down the message. Please post the message here once you have done that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users