Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix & Proxy

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JimMcGowanInlet

JimMcGowanInlet

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:54 AM

Not sure where to report stuff like this. Maybe someone can point me in the correct direction/forum.

I just finished cleaning a PC with a virus and found that Combofix (and HijackThis) missed a proxy server setting that HitmanPro found. When I looked on the PC in Internet Settings, Proxy Settings it didn't show any proxy either. So Im not sure how to notify the ComboFix folks incase they wish to look at it. Here is a RegKey export of the keys combofix missed.

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"
"IE5_UA_Backup_Flag"="5.0"
"NoNetAutodial"=dword:00000000
"EnableNegotiate"=dword:00000001
"ProxyEnable"=dword:00000001
"ProxyServer"="http=127.0.0.1:50370"
"SecureProtocols"=dword:00000028
"AutoConfigProxy"="wininet.dll"
"MigrateProxy"=dword:00000001
"GlobalUserOffline"=dword:00000000

Maybe its not something Combofix does but I thought I would try and report it.

Thanks
Jim

Edited by boopme, 20 July 2011 - 09:34 AM.
Moved to appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users