Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Enable "pop Up" Stopper In Google Bar

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 georgia

georgia

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 06:53 AM

I don't know what button I hit when I was doing some adjustments to my google bar, however I foolishly deleted the popup stopper that could be enabled or disabled and I don't know how to get it enabled again!!!

I need an experienced instruction as to how to reactivate it again!!
Thankyou
Talent is a flame. Genius is a fire.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:01 AM

If you still have the toolbar installed, along the toolbar i think it says pop ups allowed?? If you see that just click it and it will become active again

try that

#3 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 08:58 AM

Thx for the reply, I went into internet options and it indicated that my pop up blocker is enabled however in the past I used to have an Icon in the IE tool bar as you indicated and that is no longer there and so there is nothing to click on to enable it.
That Icon used to tell me the number of blocked popups and I could enable or disable it as I needed to, however the Icon is no longer there and I don't know what I did to accidentally remove it.
I like the feature and want to see it in the tool bar.
I have googled and it said to go to Options and accessories and click on OK, however I can't find the accessories and when I click on Tools it indicates that the pop up blocker is enabled, however for whatever foolish thing I did when I was making changes I have made the Icon disappear and I would like to get it back.
I hope that this info will help in the explanation of my dilemma.
Regards

Edited by georgia, 13 January 2006 - 09:00 AM.

#4 bgardner

bgardner

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:18 AM

It may be easier to uninstall and reinstall the google toolbar, might save you a lot of time.

Go To the control panel and then Add/Remove programs and uninstall it

then you download the toolbar again here

http://toolbar.google.com/index_2

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:18 AM

The easiest thing to do is to go into Add/Remove programs, remove the Google Toolbar, and then reinstall it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 georgia

georgia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 567 posts
  •  

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:43 AM

Thx for the quick replies, I removed it and found that I was really using the older version of the google task bar, which I must have gotten back to with my fiddling around with it and did not realize it until now a couple of days later, so I have D/l the exe. to install the full newer version.
I appreciate everyone's fast and reliable responses.
Cheers!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users