Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Epson Scanner to Software in XP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chelovek

Chelovek

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:55 PM

Having turned on my Epson scanner, placed a photograph on the glass, and pressed the "scan" button, I am presented with four choices on my monitor:

ABBYY FineReader 6.0 Sprint
BizCard 4.1 Eng
Photoshop
Roxio Capture

I am running Windows XP/SP3 and would like to somehow set a default path to Photoshop so that either it is no longer necessary to make this selection or is somehow only necessary to make the selection once per "session". Any suggestions out there? I am preparing to scan in 60 years of family photos and adjust them as necessary.

Thanks to all for your consideration.

Gary

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:08 AM

Scanner Model Nbr ? --- Did you just Install this Scanner ? --- No info @ Epson re these selections ?
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

The answer is...because a scanner can produce a variety of end-products.

PS is only good for images.
Abby is good only for docs.
I don't know what Roxio Capture is...but it also is special purpose.
Biz Card is self-explanatory.

Since the scanner has no way of deciding what particular item you want the end-product to be...you get the options for each scan.

But the options should be available before you start scanning...and remain constant until you change settings.

I don't believe the scans actually go anywhere differently...PS just happens to be the image-editing program used for graphics images produced by the scanner.

All this should be covered in your manual.

Louis

#4 booterbotter

booterbotter

• Members
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi,

If you go into the Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware or directly in Scanners and Cameras; you will see your Epson scanner there.
Right click on the Epson scanner and click on properties.
You should see a tab named Events where you can change the default application launched, what action you'd like windows to do and more...
But if your using the Epson Scan or Twain 5 (Default scanning application for Epson scanners), as I remember there is no option within that application itself unless the scanner model does have another bundled program that it came with, ex: Epson Smart Panel...

Patience is a true virtue. Never give up, never surrender.
BleepingComputer.com Message Board Rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users