Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Flash crashes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rikoshaprl

rikoshaprl

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

When I try to play Farmville, Adobe Flash crashes before the farm loads. I have removed flash, reinstalled it rebooting each time. I even reinstalled my operating system...xp service pack 3 and re installed explorer 8. My computer is a dell dimension 4500, 512 ram, 1.79 ghz. I like to use firefox instaed of explorer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 USN Vet

USN Vet

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:29 AM

Confusing: You say you reinstalled IE8 but like to use Firefox.

Have you done this to Firefox & Flash ? My link
Feel free to ignore my comment, just another user !

#3 Tendoncs

Tendoncs

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

You reinstalled the os fresh? You did not save data with it with letís say a repair install or using a recovery partition? I hate recovery partitions. 512 is to little ram to run well but it should play Farmville. A computer that old will have a hard time on the internet but it should be do able.

I would recommend checking you hardware out.

Use DFT for the hard drive
http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/#DFT
Use mem test for the memory.
http://www.memtest.org/

Burn these ISO to a disk and boot to them like you did to install the os.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users