Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good Photo editing software for Linux?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hey all!~

My gf is a photo hobbiest. She wants me to buy her photo editing software so she can pursue her new past time. I can not justify this until she proves this isn't just a temporary infatuation.

Currently I am running Ubuntu 11.04 on her computer and I am getting ready to put OpenSUSE on mine. she claims that the app center didn't have anything good to offer and that Picnik.com is the only thing she wants.

Any suggestions? Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:54 PM

I'm not a hobbyist by any means, but I do some light photo work from time to time. I use gimp.

Not sure if it's able to meet your gf's needs, but it's quite powerful considering that it's free.

Hope that helps.

~Blade

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#3 scurvychef

scurvychef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Thank you Blade! I will let you know how it turns out. She'll be the judge of it. I have seen other threads on this site where people don't like Piknik. I am glad I asked first.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

Glad to help. :)

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

#5 geek12

geek12

• Banned Spammer
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

Try LightZone for Linux - professional photo editing solution.

#6 scurvychef

scurvychef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Geek12, I am highly interested. I can not find it in the Ubuntu Software center.... can you send me a good link to download? Does it require subscription?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users