Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vajaalahna

vajaalahna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

So I was playing Tuesday evening when suddenly all lights and gizmos blacked-out.
Then when I restarted my computer there was this blue screen. Can't remember what it said, but after trying like 10 times repairing it finally worked.

Then next day: I started the computer and after Windows Logo, my screen went black, only pointer could be seen. This also happens in safe mode. I can still go internet using Asus Express Gate (starts before bios, no OS required). I checked all the cables and they were fine.

OS Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
MB Asus M4A79T-Deluxe
CPU 965BE
GPU HD 5830
8GB of Kingston memory 4x2GB
950W Corsair Power

Then another problem too: I bought 2 TB HDD and tried installing W7 there but it says "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device" or something like that.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

Hmm.. when Windows shuts down unexpectedly there is always a chance some system could be damaged.. especially during an update or if you had a pending update.. Which could be the case since you were gaming.. Have you tried performing a system restore? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

#3 vajaalahna

vajaalahna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

There is no such option in repair tools :( even if I put my Windows CD in the DVD drive. Found this when I ran the Startup repair

Number of repair attempts : 7

Session details-----------

System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0

Windows directory = D:\Windows

AutoChk Run = 0

Number of root causes = 1

and then later

Root cause found: Startup Repair has tried several time but still detect the problem. Or something like that.

And then the end of the report.

Root cause found :

Boot status indicates that the OS booted succesfully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users