Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Codes: 631 & 651 from Sierra Wireless USB Modem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hattenpa

hattenpa

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:08 AM

I am running Vista Home Premium on a ACER Aspire 5313 Laptop. I am out in the boonies where dial up speed is 27 KBS and DSL/BROADBAND is not availabe. I installed a Sierra Wireless USB Broadband Modem which will connect to Sprint sub-3G, 3G or 4G which ever the highest one is available. Obviously only sub-3G is available here and my speed is around 115 kbs but still faster than hard-wired dial up. After connecting to the Internet (3G minus) I continually get error messages from SprintView either(631: THE USER DISCONNECTED THE MODEM (OR OTHER CONNECTING DEVICE)) or a similar error code 651. In either case my connection is NOT disconnected, however the SMARTVIEW online time counter is reset to 0, but processing continues. Even if I am working on an offline task and don't see the error notice dialouge box the error notices will continue to stack up because of subsequent occurences of what ever is causing this notice. When I do get to the error message box and start clicking the OK button to get rid of the notice it may have a stack of error boxes 6-8 deep.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

I would call the company for guidance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic