Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Both mousepad buttons act the same

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shaggy74

shaggy74

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

mousepad buttons are same...
Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion dv6700 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC, running Vista. I had a bad crash, did a system restore. The mouse buttons did not work when it came back. It was like the buttons were reversed.(checked the settings in control panel and they were fine) also, it seemed like the butons were stuck, heard clicking (many clicks) and when I used the touchpad, I was dragging around the light blue selection square.

After deleting the mousepad drivers, installing the latest synaptic drivers, rebooting, the mousepad is working fine. EXCEPT, both buttons act like left clicks. I checked the settings in control panel and the synaptics prog, and everything is correct. I set it to right handed, both buttons left click. If I switch it to left handed, both buttons right click. In the synaptics prog, both buttons action settings are correct.

I again did another restore, going back back, but same issue, even after re-reinstalling drivers.

Also, there is no malware/spyware/viruses. All scanning progS are current and up to date.

I am stumped. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

Have you tried just letting Windows put it's native mouse pad driver in and not updating the synaptic driver?

#3 shaggy74

shaggy74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:12 AM

Tried it. Having same issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users