Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Fails to Recognize Battery Pack, will only run on AC Power!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aj1981

aj1981

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

My Lenovo laptop does not seem to be recognizing its battery pack and will instantly shut off if it is not plugged in. When I click the power icon to see the power level, it says the power level of the battery is unknown and it does not let me view the battery info. While plugged in, the little battery light on the outside of the laptop flashes as if it is charging the battery, but I don't believe the battery could be charging because I usually keep it plugged in when I am not using it and it is always fully charged!

My laptop suddenly started having this problem yesterday. Because I've been extremely, I had not used it in several days and it had been closed/hibernating during that time. I opened it up to use it just for a couple minutes yesterday and it seemed to be working just fine. I shut it down. Then I turned it back on, and after it had fully booted, I unplugged the AC power to move the laptop away from my desk... but it instantly shut off. It did not shut down, as it usually does when the battery is low, it just went black and then it would not turn back on unless it was plugged in.

I would really appreciate ANY advice on this!!! Is there something wrong with the battery pack? Why isn't the battery being recognized?

Thank you for you help!

Edited by hamluis, 20 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.
Moved from External Hardware to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

Have you taken the battery out and put it back in?

#3 aj1981

aj1981
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

Yes I did. I took the battery out, used a little air duster on it in case there was any debris or anything, and put it back on. It didn't help though. :-(

#4 -KFS

-KFS

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

Sounds like that battery may have met its maker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users