Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is really slow and my browser always closes.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 EliasOP

EliasOP

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:13 PM

My computer keeps restarting randomly and there are other major problems that keeps occurring. I run malwayrebytes and it still doesn't fix the problem. Is there an alternative to help my computer? Its a WindowsXP home and professional.

-Elias

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Hello EliasOP,

Please be more specific, when does your computer restart, and what are your other major problems that keep occurring?

Do you see any error messages at all?

Please help us so we can better help you!!

bloopie

Edited by bloopie reborn, 18 July 2011 - 09:16 PM.

#3 EliasOP

EliasOP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:52 PM

The major problems with my computer is that my browser loads very slow, my usb cable does not work anymore, and whenever I stream videos; it keeps skipping and its very laggy. My browser will randomly close when also my shockwave will crash whenever i have two or more tabs open. These are my problems can you please help me?

#4 southarea

southarea

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

There is a thread http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic44690.html on BC which carries all the information related to your computer performance and you can go to that to find out what is the problem with your system.

#5 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:42 AM

1. In regards to the computer restarting on its own, please tell us if this occurs at random or when you are running a particular program / service on your computer. Also, right before it restarts, do you see any error messages or symptoms?

2. For browser related issues, please try uninstalling the older version of all browsers you use, download and install the latest version from the respective websites. Before you do that, be sure to use the Windows DISK CLEANUP feature on your C: (Primary) drive to clean out all unnecessary files.

3. USB problem - It might be driver related, a hardware issue with the USB port or the cable going bad (least likely)

If you have tried using the cable on the other USB ports and had no success, try accessing the Windows DEVICE MANAGER, uninstall all USB related drivers, restart your computer and let Windows reinstall the USB drivers for you. Try using the cable again.

4. Video skipping & laggy - A couple of things: Poor video chipset(performance), video driver issues (try reinstalling), Flash player issues(uninstall/install latest version). If the video keeps buffering from time to time, it could also be due to a slow internet connection.

Hope this helps.
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users