Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opinion Smokers ??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 lora777

lora777

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:48 PM

If you were just getting nicotine in your system, that would be bad enough..But your also getting a variety of chemicals designed to keep you addicted once you start..

I smoked for quite a few years and quit many times, even for a year once. But I always went back until I was finally successful.. I never stop desiring them and every once in a while I'll contemplate starting again... Remembering what I went through to give them up and how they affect my breathing and so on, so far has stopped me.

They allow this but are on the verge of taking vitamins away from us for our own good??

There are more than 4,000 chemicals in each cigarette. Here's a list of some of the most dangerous:

Ammonia-This is used to boost the absorption rate of nicotine.
Arsenic-This is used to protect tobacco plants from pests, but remains in the resulting cigarette.
Cadmium-This metallic compound in tobacco comes from acidic soil.
Formaldehyde-This byproduct of cigarette smoke is the same colorless gas commonly used to preserve bodies for burial.
Acetone-This byproduct from burning a cigarette is the same stuff found in nail polish remover.
Butane-This byproduct also is used to help you light your cigarette, as an ingredient in lighter fluid.
Propylene Glycol-This is added to keep tobacco from drying out and to speed up the delivery of nicotine to the brain.
Turpentine-This adds flavor to menthol cigarettes.
Benzene-This is another byproduct from burning a cigarette and can be found in pesticides and gasoline.
Lead and Nickel-These are metals.

Edited by lora777, 25 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users