Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opinion Smokers ??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ranget

ranget

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi guys i Know that smoking isn't Good

and Have a lot of negativity

But i found something on the internet something Like Nicotine will help me Focus on my study

so what are other ways to Get nicotine Other than smoking ????

Or other alternatives to increase my Focus ???

Smoking is Very tempting But i don't Want to get lung cancer :(

A big thanks to Dider Stevens

sorry for not being around

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

Not quite sure what your trying to accomplish...but the LAST thing you need is nicotine in your body. Been smoking for 45 years and you don't wanna go there.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#3 ranget

ranget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

so what are the alternatives

I Just want to increase my Focus Very Badly

My Blood is Pumping with caffeine

and caffeine is not working anymore

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

caffeine doesnt help you focus-its one of those false things, its a stimulant-the more you take it, the more you will need to accomplish the same goal-the same will happen with nicotine. Your better off with this old school term-discipline. turn off the video games-the screamo, the ipad, etc and sit down and study, no matter how hard it is. No matter what drug you introduce yourself to help you study-it will end up failing in the end. Youd better off getting on a healthy balanced diet with plenty of vitamins.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

And make a habit of getting a good night's sleep. Every night!

#6 ranget

ranget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:15 AM

caffeine doesnt help you focus-its one of those false things, its a stimulant-the more you take it, the more you will need to accomplish the same goal-the same will happen with nicotine. Your better off with this old school term-discipline. turn off the video games-the screamo, the ipad, etc and sit down and study, no matter how hard it is. No matter what drug you introduce yourself to help you study-it will end up failing in the end. Youd better off getting on a healthy balanced diet with plenty of vitamins.

And make a habit of getting a good night's sleep. Every night!

i think i will stick to Vitamins and Good sleep thanks for the help :D

i Really Don't like smoking but that idea poped up in my head

#7 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

You are getting some good advice, if you listen, Mate.

I would just like to add this?

Each one of us are Individuals, what works for one doesn't mean it works for ALL.

Just work on being yourself, forget about so called Peers.

Find out what YOU are comfortable with, then work away on that. Naturally, you need to Study, but work out a comfortable system to suit yourself. Last thing you need do is to Stress yourself out, because Fred Blog says, this or that.

Use you own Brain to work on it? Only that will really work. Only YOU can Motivate yourself.

Trust me, I really know what I am talking about.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#8 Larusso

Larusso

Raggamuffin

• Malware Response Team
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:25 AM

i Really Don't like smoking but that idea poped up in my head

Forget this Idea. Everybody who smokes will stop it.

A lot of peoples smoking if they are busy as a "cool down". The real thing is, that smoking will do exactly the different. It will raise your blood pressure and the effect is, your body has more stress as before. You only think your are "cooler" ;)

8 hours / day of sleep, enough of Vitamins and a hobby ( for me as an example it is bodybuilding ) which will help to stress you out is enough here. If you are tired, go to bed instead of studying. Otherwise you will waste your time.

Take time to learn. It is not a good idea to start studying 3 days before the test. Learn constantly. Better to learn 1 hour a day.

The only "drug" i can recommend is dextrose.

Edited by Larusso, 19 July 2011 - 04:25 AM.

regards,
Daniel

Bread for the world instead Bombs and Bangers

I'll always help for free but if you want to support me in my fight against malware, please btn_donate_SM.gif

#9 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,631 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:35 AM

Here is another opinion:

"I like Cigarettes; I like to think of fire held in a man's hand.FIRE, a dangerous force, tamed at his finger tips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come out from such hours. When a man thinks there is a spot of fire alive in his mind – and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."- Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged, 1957)

Edited by Bezukhov, 19 July 2011 - 07:36 AM.

To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#10 ranget

ranget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

You are getting some good advice, if you listen, Mate.

I would just like to add this?

Each one of us are Individuals, what works for one doesn't mean it works for ALL.

Just work on being yourself, forget about so called Peers.

Find out what YOU are comfortable with, then work away on that. Naturally, you need to Study, but work out a comfortable system to suit yourself. Last thing you need do is to Stress yourself out, because Fred Blog says, this or that.

Use you own Brain to work on it? Only that will really work. Only YOU can Motivate yourself.

Trust me, I really know what I am talking about.

Ray.

thanks Really Good answer
i need more motivation :)

Forget this Idea. Everybody who smokes will stop it.

A lot of peoples smoking if they are busy as a "cool down". The real thing is, that smoking will do exactly the different. It will raise your blood pressure and the effect is, your body has more stress as before. You only think your are "cooler" ;)

8 hours / day of sleep, enough of Vitamins and a hobby ( for me as an example it is bodybuilding ) which will help to stress you out is enough here. If you are tired, go to bed instead of studying. Otherwise you will waste your time.

Take time to learn. It is not a good idea to start studying 3 days before the test. Learn constantly. Better to learn 1 hour a day.

The only "drug" i can recommend is dextrose.

thanks Larusso :)
i think dextrose is Good One sugar is Brain's Food

as you said i think i should Get a hobby

#11 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

What do you do besides Computers and Games?

Do you have a particular Sport?

What are your main interests in Life?

More Information, never really personal, just general you can give better we can Guide you.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#12 BrendanT

BrendanT

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:42 AM

all i will say is DO NOT SMOKE
-BrendanT

#13 ranget

ranget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

What do you do besides Computers and Games?

Do you have a particular Sport?

What are your main interests in Life?

More Information, never really personal, just general you can give better we can Guide you.

Ray.

Well i used to bodybuild but because of the uprising in my country it's a bit dangerous to go to the gym

My interest in Life is Computers /Programming
that's my passion

i study in a Virtual University "information Technology "
you Know programming and such stuff

BTW i don't Do much computer games
But i watch TV series A lot

as For smoking alternatives

what about Nicotine Patches or Gum ???

thanks Guys i really started to Know what the problem is
it's the Lack Of sport
but in the meantime it looks i can go to the gym for another two months

again thanks for the help

Edited by ranget, 24 July 2011 - 04:39 AM.

#14 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

You could add in a little jogging to that as well, Mate.

Great way to relax and meet some nice people at te same time.

Sounds like you are on the right track, now just stay away from Drugs you don't need, they will just poison your System

Ray.

What is a Dog?

#15 ranget

ranget
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

Thanks Mate i will add jogging to My system

Gr8 help i got from you guys