1. A few days ago I went on facebook to see if one of my friends was online so I appeared online for about 1 second and he wasn't online and I logged off. But a few seconds after, I recieved an inbox message from one of my not-so-close friend whom I knew for years. This is how our conversation went:http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/n622/Mamon1312/?action=view¤t=Popup.png#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1143.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fn622%2FMamon1312%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DPrintScreen.png
When I said "you-mean-the-youtube-vid-______*-posted up?" I got somewhat suspicious about my friend since, I do not hang around him much so I doubted that he took a video of me laughing, so I thought that he was talking about a video my friend posted up awhile ago of me play fighting with my other friend at an End of the School Year Trip - which he also went to. At this point I was about to say "I already saw this", then I noticed he had already sent me a link. I know the link looked suspicious....but I accidentally clicked on it when I was going to copy the link and search it up on Google. ^^' So I thought that I might as well look at it. The link sent me to this website that looked like a fake youtube.
2.On that page, I wasn't able to watch the video because "my flash player was old" and I needed to download the newest version from the link they provided below (which I clicked on...by accident once again ^^'), and when I scrolled down the page, I saw 3 pages of comments that all of "my friends" from facebook wrote. There was 1 comment from each "friend" saying something similar to: "They're high" or "Cool vid" or some cheesy phrases that people nowadays wouldn't say, most of which were very short phrases like the ones previously mentioned. I do not remember seeing a comment box - just the comments my "friends" wrote - nor do I remember any related videos on the side of the page. I would provide a better explanation of how the page looked but I do not want another computer to get infected.
After I replied "k" I closed the facebook tab I was talking with him through and the tab of the link he sent me and decided to eat lunch and deal with what just happened later. When I came back (about 20 minutes after I left), I saw that my laptop had just finished restating itself and was at this page
so I logged myself in and did the usual (go on the internet,etc). In approximately 7 mintues after I logged in something like this popped up
and restarted my laptop without my confirmation. After it restarted my screen was vertically stretched out and a little enlarged. When I was about to attempt logging in (into both of my accounts) the farthest I reached was when it said "Welcome" right before actually logging in and stayed like this for abour 1 minute until it once again restarted my computer. This time when it restarted, my screen was not strecthed out or enlarged but normal. When this happens I could log into both of my accounts, and stay on the internet for a short periods of time (3-10 mins) before it restarts again.
And every time it restarts the process is as follows (when I am connected to the Internet):
1. Starts up with the screen vertically stretched out and a bit enlarged.
2. Try logging into one of my accounts and does not get past the "Welcome" page
3. At this page
4. It restarts
5. After start up the screen is not vertically stretched out or enlarged but normal
6. I can log into any of my accounts
7. After a few minutes I am connected to the internet without even having to do anything, a "click to terminate" page pops up
8. after the "click to terminate" page pops up it immediately closes itself and restarts my laptop without my confirmation
9. The proccess repeats over and over again unless I shut off my laptop myself (click on the power button or after I log in)
Also, after the second time it restarts (after #6) in the bottom right corner of my screen right above the date/time there's a message that appears and looks something like this:
and sometimes when my laptop restarts, instead of it saying "Mcafee", I once saw a faint "Microsoft security essentials" or something of that sort. ^^'
After trying to access the internet several times, I decided to give up and go on without internet. This time, it started up normally and I could do whatever I wanted but without internet.
Also, when I have used my friends' computers/laptops and entered my facebook account their internet suddenly stopped working too but after reseting their router..or something of that sort, their internet started working again. Maybe it's because I clicked on the download link to download the flash player I was "missing". ^^'