Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are you a 60s,70s,80s,90s or now type?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you a 60s,70s,80s,90s or now type? (10 member(s) have cast votes)

The Best Years? 60s,70s,80s ???

1. 60s: We gave you The beatles and The Stones. (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Early 70s: 'tie a yellow ribbon' and oil crises (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Late 70s: D.I.S.C.O (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Early 80s: Dallas,PacMan,Thriller (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

5. Late 80s: Live Aid,Berlin Wall,Hillsborough,Chernobyl (0 votes [0.00%])

6. Early 90s: Gulf War I,Nirvana,Soviets collapse,Mad Cows (0 votes [0.00%])

7. Late 90s: Clinton,Spice Girls,Internet,Millenium Bug (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

8. 00s/NOW: The past ain't what it used to be. Live for today. (4 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

9. I would rather vote for pre 60s Kids! (1 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

I say most definetly mid 70s to early 80s!! (Peaked around 85/86)

No time like it has ever existed!

Stuff started going downhill and continues to :(

Edited by 4dude, 17 July 2011 - 10:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 AM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:02 AM

Late 90s for me because that's time i was born around and the internet is awesome!

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

The now technology is growing everyday I can't imagine living without it.

#4 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:48 PM

I was 14 in 1960, so I reckon you know what I voted for.

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#5 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

I'm somewhere between late '90s and now. I love the internet, but I also love the technology that we have today. Sometimes I like to think to myself, 'What would it be like if we could go back in time and show the people who ushered in the technological era the kind of technology that we have now?' I would kill to see the reaction on their faces! :blink:

#6 Drovers Dog

Drovers Dog

• Members
  • 1,048 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

What would it be like if we could go back in time and show the people who ushered in the technological era the kind of technology that we have now?' I would kill to see the reaction on their faces! :blink:

I also would like to see the looks of those people when they see just what the old timers had to work with then. Then watch how the modern day people try to do the same as they could, with just what they had. Particularly in the 50s and 60s.

It was actually covered in Star Trek 1V:The Voyage Home (1986) Movie and featured "Scotty" or "Spock" on a non voice activated Computer. A very interesting Movie, in it's day. Just remember that voice activation was just a dream, back then.

Link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092007/

Ray.
What ever you give to others, you will get back doubled, Just make sure you only give Nice Things?......DD saying

There is a saying, "You just can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear" it means "to be happy with what you have and not look for the impossible"......DD saying

The "Spirit" of the people who died, on that terrible day 9/11 will NEVER REST until such time as the "Imbeciles" that caused it, are eliminated through out the World.....DD saying

What is a Dog?

#7 castoffpolite

castoffpolite

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 AM

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Today is yesterday when it was tomorrow.

or if you prefer

Today is tomorrow when it was yesterday.

History is important in some ways. But I don't like history. I'm a 60's but the late 70's and early 80's are when I came into my own. Today, I want to see what tomorrow has in store and sometimes can't sleep waiting for it to get here.

Cast

#8 oledawg

oledawg

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2011 - 04:58 AM

Today is yesterday when it was tomorrow.

or if you prefer

Today is tomorrow when it was yesterday.

History is important in some ways. But I don't like history. I'm a 60's but the late 70's and early 80's are when I came into my own. Today, I want to see what tomorrow has in store and sometimes can't sleep waiting for it to get here.

Cast

I'm with you, cast, always an optimist and looking forward to what tomorrow brings.
I've been around for a long time and I always hope tomorrow will be better than yesterday was.

History is important in reminding us to not make the same mistakes, yet somehow there are those who ignore history and insist on repeating the mistakes of the past.

#9 4dude

4dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

The now technology is growing everyday I can't imagine living without it.

The only problem with technology now is: THEY ARE USING IT MORE AND MORE TO SPY ON PEOPLE,TAKE PRIVACY AWAY!!!

In my opinion the best thing you can do is NOT HAVE ANY OF THIS CRAP!! (Try to hold onto whatever privacy you still have)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users