Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please check my logs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John_M

John_M

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

Hello,

Can someone please check my logs. I don't if I'm infected. My desktop screen occasionally jumps around and seems to be shrinking . My monitor occasionally turns off no apparent reason. Also, my computer seems to be running slow. Thanks

Removing logs and pasting in some pertinent information from those logs. ~ OB

Security: Avast and MSE

IE version is 8

Less than 10 GB memory free on hard drive out of 80 GB

Edited by Orange Blossom, 31 July 2011 - 02:16 PM.
Move to XP forum. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hello John_M,

The team has looked at your logs and declared that your system is malware free. Therefore, I have removed the logs and moved your topic to another forum where your problems can be addressed.

Two things I noticed when I looked over your logs.

1) You have 2 anti-virus programs installed: AVAST and MSE. Because MSE is a full suite, I advise removing AVAST. You can have only one AV and only one Firewall installed and running.

The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Even if one AV is not automatically scanning, one AV may flag files within the other AV as malware.

2) You have less than 12 percent of free space on your hard-drive. You need to free up some space. You need at least 25% free space on your hard-drive. You can free up space by removing programs you don't use, deleting files you no longer need, or storing files on removable media such as CDs

Those two issues would be major contributing factors to your computer slowness issues.

Someone else will have to assist you concerning your monitor issues.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 31 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

First thing we need to check is the display itself. Please try it with another computer and / or try a different display with your computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users