Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox and Chome can't run Youtube

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ixcuincle

ixcuincle

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

Firefox and Chrome can't run Youtube without freezing up.

I don't know why this happens, but it's extremely inconvenient. My operating system is Windows XP Home. I will just be watching a Youtube video when the browser freezes up and the video play stops.

I quit using Firefox because this frequently happened when I was watching Youtube videos. So I switched to Chrome.

I just tried to close Chrome and then the browser freezes out of nowhere when I am watching Youtube. I right clicked on Chrome in the taskbar and closed Chrome. Then I got a message telling me Chrome was unresponsive, End task. I did this, and the window closed. Then I attempted to access Task Manager to close down chrome.exe, which I still found open. At this point the computer simply locked up, followed by a loud beep.

I had to shut the computer down manually by turning off the power, and then restarting it. This frequently has to happen, and I don't think it's good for my computer to be shut off abruptly repeatedly, just because these Youtube videos break my computer.

The problem with this issue is how random it occurs. I was watching Youtube earlier this morning without problem. I was just surfing Youtube again at night when this error happened. The errors are virtually eliminated when I surf other sites, but I don't want to completely avoid Youtube (or single it out to my other laptop, which is really slow).

I thought the issue might have to do with Flash, but Chrome claims Flash is up to date.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: I have an update on the situation. Chrome froze again while viewing Youtube videos. I was able to close it and install Shockwave, which I thought would fix all the freezing. I then decided to log off the computer, at which point the computer locked up, made a loud beeping noise again, and then blue screened with a watchdog.sys message.

I will try to get logs up of this message ASAP.

Edited by ixcuincle, 18 July 2011 - 06:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Hello,

Could you post your system specs. please. :) And just to be safe please download and run this: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php then post the temp readings. :)

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#3 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

System specs

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+
RAM: 2 GIG RAM
HD: 150 GB / 500 GB
Video Card: Nvidia 9500 GT

Temp readings from SpeedFan.

GPU 57C
CPU 41C
Ambient 42C
Remote 73C
HD0 43C
HD1 36C
Temp1 40C
Core 53C
Core 57C

Edited by ixcuincle, 19 July 2011 - 06:06 AM.

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

Alright you will probably recieve a rely by me tomorrow in the morning seeing as I am ready to go to sleep for the night. :)

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#5 6237468

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

I need to know what type of Mother Board you have in your system. please post with that info please.

You need to make sure that you have the lastest video drivers.

Also, Make sure you have the lastest update of Firefox installed...

Let me know if this helps and good luck.

#6 1776blues

1776blues

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

I'm new here , sort of, but I've been told that Youtube does not work well in Firefox and was told to use IE. As for Chrome, I have no problems with Youtube. It almost sounds like spyware. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome?

#7 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

I need to know what type of Mother Board you have in your system. please post with that info please.

You need to make sure that you have the lastest video drivers.

Also, Make sure you have the lastest update of Firefox installed...

Let me know if this helps and good luck.

Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: A8AE-LE
HP/Compaq motherboard name: AmberineM-GL6E

Also have Firefox and the video drivers all updated.

I did receive an error today that said Shockwave is unresponsive. Shut it down (Yes / No). I installed and updated Shockwave earlier, as said in this thread, so I don't know why this error keeps happening.

I'm not using Firefox, I am using Chrome, and the error still happens.

I will uninstall and install both programs, and see if it works or not. The problem with this error is that I can't force it, it just happens randomly when I'm watching videos. It didn't happen for a week and suddenly out of nowhere it happened again.

Edited by ixcuincle, 30 July 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#8 ixcuincle

ixcuincle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

This error happened yet again. Computer's completely frozen.

I am watching Youtube videos on Chrome when the page freezes up. I am then told "Shockwave has stopped responding" "Disable Yes/No" I clicked Yes, and now the computer is completely frozen.

#9 6237468

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:48 PM

Are you getting any error codes when it freezes?

Take a look at this and see if it helps.

Firefox Help

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users