Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blew out PC no monitor now

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 wiskyfog

wiskyfog

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

I recently blew out my pc with a compressor 110psi (dumb, iknow now) then when hooked up to monitor, no monitor. cooling fan started running full on and power switch does not turn pc off, i have to unplug it. Took to a pc shop they reseated all the components and diagnosed it as a mother board.(the weird part is, they said it is "probably" the motherboard???) bought an exact HP mobo replacemant and installed it, still no nonitor. one thing i noticed was when i powered up, the on/off button for the monitor is orange when off and blue when on, would turn blue for a few seconds and then turn orange again as though the monitor is off. I did blow out the cooling fans and the blades did turn fron the comp.air being blown over them.My monitor is hooked up to a DVI input the computer is an HP d4100e desktop. see this page: http://h20141.www2.hp.com/Hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=92B7675C69A644CEB4951A06B49597CB&SerialNumber=mxg60902vc&ProductNumber=PX191AV

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2011 - 12:50 PM.
Moved from XP to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

is your video card integrated into the motherboard or is it an expansion card?

#3 wiskyfog

wiskyfog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

it is a seperate plug in card

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:34 PM

can you try the card in another PC?

#5 wiskyfog

wiskyfog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

no other is lapt.

is the vid card suspect?

#6 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yes it is as it supplies the video signal to the monitor. Did the tech that you brought it to test it? Did he make sure it is seated properly and fully if not please be sure of this. Also check the video cable and the monitor to be sure the monitor isn't the issue. :)

Edited by computerxpds, 17 July 2011 - 04:27 PM.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#7 wiskyfog

wiskyfog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

So, would the cooling fans running at full speed from initial power on, be caused by the vid card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users