Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Antispyware & Norton Internet Security 2006 Antispyware Edition Compatibility?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jane8851

jane8851

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:06 PM

I'm running NIS 2006 AntiSpyware edition on XP Home Service Pack 2 along with SpywareBlaster and ie-spyad. Should I also install MAS and would it conflict with NIS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:01 AM

You can install it for scanning purposes but don't use the real time protection. In other words, don't have it run when your computer starts up. This will likely cause conflicts with NIS.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 19 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

I have it on Real-Time protection and have had no problems with Norton Internet Security 2006...
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#4 CHEFBIGFEET

CHEFBIGFEET

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 17 April 2006 - 06:21 PM

I made the mistake of downloading Microsoft Defender, Microsoft Baseline Security and WindowsoneCare.
They conflict with Nortorn Internet Security. I could not us Internet Explorer nor Mozilla Firefox. Althought, I cleared these browsers as approved sites on Norton and WindowsOneCare, there was a conflict which would not allow the browser to open any sites. WindowsOneCare is a combination of WindowsDefender, Antivirus, Anti-Spyware and Automated Update program. I was forced to uninstall all the files in order to get my Browsers Back. Microsoft is selling the Beta addition to Beta Testers for $19.95 (first year only) and subsequent users for $49.00 per year. This is their attempt to jump into the Security Suite Business. Aol has also put out a Free Suite of Security tools, but, their tech support phone has a recordered message, "if you are calling about the conflict between AOL Security Suite and Norton please call the following number.................................etc.. You can use AOL Spyware Program with Windows Defender, but not WindowsoneCare or Norton Internet Security. Windows Defender will work with AOL if it is a standalone not included in WindowsoneCare. That the story. Regards to All, Chefbigfeet
It is said that, "A fool never learns, a good man learns from his experience, but, a wise man learns from the experience of others."

"No Man is an Island, each Man is a piece of the continent, do not ask for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." Martin Luther

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users