This would mean your Inetcpl.cpl file got corrupted ,this file belongs to Internet Explorer,Uninstall and reinstall Internet Explorer that will fix the problem.
If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.
Please download RSIT
by random/random from the link provided for your operating system and save it to your desktop. Link 1 for 32-bit version Link 2 for 32-bit version Link 1 for 64-bit version Link 2 for 64-bit versionThis tool needs to run while the computer is connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
-- Note: Do not post the contents of info.txt in your reply. Instead, just include it as an attachment to upload using the "Browse" button in the text editor when making your reply. Important
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Read the disclaimer and click Continue.
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.
- Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everything and pressing Ctrl+C.
- After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
- Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run. If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.