Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 deltacoolguy

deltacoolguy

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

My situation is slightly different than most I see here in that I DID do something. Here goes...

I have an HP dv1000 laptop that is 6 years old. It runs Windows XP Pro. It caught a minor virus, and I was able to get rid of most of it, but one lingering aspect was that automatic updates was turned off and would not turn back on for anything. The laptop had been acting very sluggish prior to the virus, so I decided the OS needed to be refreshed anyway, as it had never been. I got XP re-installed, had to find the driver for wireless adapter, got it installed. It says it is finding the network and is connecting to the wireless router, but it will not connect to the internet.

I have the proper network security code. Some things I try give a "limited or no connectivity status", so I back up and get it connected again. I'm sure I'm missing something, but I don't know what. Any thoughts or help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users