Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yahoo Sitebuilder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 simysime

simysime

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:07 PM

Hi,
I am new to this so bear with me if I miss any protocols or make some obvious blunder that shows off my newbie status! My question is simple I think. I am helping a friend create a website. I have Yahoo Sitebuilder on my computer so just built some website drafts on that and would like to email them to my friend (who lives too far away to show in person). Is this possible? I tried to save the preview page but when I attached it to my email the graphics, background, etc didn't attach. It just showed my text in the fonts and colors I'd chosen. I need the full effect. Any ideas? Is this even possible? Greatly appreciate anyone's input!
Thanks so much!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:43 PM

I'm not familiar with Yahoo Sitebuilder, but I think I know what to do.

I'm assuming that the images, background, etc. are all local files (i.e. they reside on your hard drive). When you e-mailed your friend the page all you attached was the actual HTML document. In order for your friend to view the images and other media you use in your pages (music, backgrounds stylesheets, scripts, etc.) he has to have access to them. This means you need to attach every media file you use to the e-mail in addition to the HTML document.

The simplest way I can think of would be to open the page in question in Internet Explorer and click File-->Save As to open the "Save Web page" dialogue. Change the "Save As Type" field to "Web Page, Complete (*.htm,*.html)", enter a file name and click the "Save" button.

This will save the web page and media files. The media files will be saved in a folder called "Your Page_files" where "Your Page" is the name you saved the web page as. Make a ZIP file of the web page and the folder and e-mail that to your friend.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 12 January 2006 - 06:45 PM.

#3 simysime

simysime
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

Hi Andrew,
Thank you so much! I tried yr suggestion and think I'm on the right track, but when I tested it and sent it to myself on a different email, the page still opened missing all the graphics. They were attached ok via the email as well in the zip file, but not sure how to link them together so the web page draft with the test and spaces for the graphics knows to pick up those graphics. Do you think I missed a step? I'll keep playing with it (am sure it's the operator!!!). I so much appreciate your input!
Thanks again.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

Did you unzip the ZIP file before viewing the page?

#5 atldan

atldan

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

couple things to try:
1. if you just want to show a design look-do a screen grab (CTRL Print Screen) then paste into a graphics program-the basic Windows Paint program will do. then save and e-mail
2. MS Word will open most .html files-open your design html file in word save and e-mail
Now you won't see rollovers etc. but if you are locking in design looks this should do it quickly

I use Sitebuilder for my wife's site and Dreamweaver for a couple others. SB seems good for her store and I like the speed of use but find limitations, how are you finding it?

Edited by atldan, 07 February 2006 - 10:40 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users