Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Database Language

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

I was talking to my dad over the weekend. He told me I should learn a database language. What do you think about that? I've heard of MYSQL and thats about it. I don't know if I will learn the language but I figured I could look into it. Does anyone know of any good websites where I can get info from?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

Guess not. I was told to start with Windows Acces. So I think i'll start there.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:12 PM

If you have never worked with a database, then Access is as good a place to start as any.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yeah. I've used Access before and have made a database. But I only know the basics. Time to buy some more books.

#5 Stephen01

Stephen01

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

This may be late BUT, using a "database language" as compared to a "programming language" may be a mistake. MSACCESS can be very easy to create databases, print reports, create OLE objects. Pascal can be just as easy to learn. C++ more difficult, BUT (two buts!) more extensible. What you want to do now may not be what you want to do later, languages (C, C#, C++, PASCAL (Delphi), give you that option. I prefer PASCAL because its easrier for ME to understand

#6 chlazzaro177

chlazzaro177
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:06 AM

I'll give it some thought. I'll be learning programming in college. I had to take a course in pseudocode but I didn't get it. We didn't have much of a book to look off of. didn't help that the teacher kept telling us "well you can do it this way but I prefer you do it this way". I need to take the course again and a better teacher. Then I'll be taking an actual language after that. I need it to get my Associates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users