Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook, Google, & iPhone Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bigalexe

bigalexe

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Ok so I love calendar apps on any platform (desktop, phone, internet, hand) because they are so much better at remembering than me. So I got this great thing setup where I have Google Calender as the central manager/hub for everything. I have MS Outlook on my desktop and laptop each setup to sync with G.C. and also have my iPhone setup to sync with it. Now this might sound messy but after setup it's great because whenever I add stuff from anywhere it shows up everywhere. The initial reason for this is because I hate doing long tasks on my phone, much easier to enter appointments and appointment series on the desktop PC, same goes for contacts with a phone, address, and email.

So if I love it so much why am I here?

1.) Reminders don't sync back. I will have something like 6 appointments occur and acknowledge them on my phone which helpfully reminds me. Then when I go on my desktop later I am bombarded with reminders that I don't really need. What I would love is if somehow when I acknowledged an appointment in one calender app it would then sync back my acknowledgement to all the other platforms. Thus I would not be bombarded.

2.) Calenders also can tell you WHERE or WHO an appointment is with. So I have this handy lists of contacts on my phone, with stored addresses. From my navigation app I can access these contacts and get directions to them. So here's an idea... I get an alert that I have an appointment "Fix Computer" at "Doug's" in an hour, so then because let's say I had input the location as "Doug" who happens to reside in my contact list with an address I could then straight from the calendar hit the name and it AUTOMATICALLY takes me into my navigation application and routes me to his house. This is just an idea, and I'm not a programmer so don't know how complicated this is to do on iOS or Android or anything so feel free to explain why this is a bad idea. I just think it would be cool.

TL:DR
1.) Make reminders go away
2.) Reminder -> Contact -> GPS
AMD Phenom II X6 2.8ghz
8GB DDR3 RAM
XFX ATI Radeon HD6850 1 GB DDR5, 26" Widescreen HDMI
500GB + 80GB HDD
Windows 7 Pro, Mozilla Firefox, AutoCAD 2011, Solidworks 2009
1/19/2012

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bik

Bik

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:38 AM

I have a question on Outlook and the iCloud. I just performed a sync which - proud to say - mostly worked but has left some items in a Merge Conflicts folder in Outlook. My question (and apologies if it is a basic one!) is, how can I remove individual items from that folder. I can copy them across to the calendar proper, but they stay in Merge Conflicts as well. If I try to delete them it tells me I don't have appropriate permissions. Which seems strange to me as I'm the only user.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users