Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

pstools - psexec not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 geekcrazy

geekcrazy

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:49 PM

Psexec.exe not working?
I have never used and got it working. I am trying to execute, say, java.exe

psexec -c -f \\%computername% %path%

The problem is that the program executes but is ONLY visible in task manager. The installation box never appears. I have tried multiple programs and doesn't work. I've left it there for about 5 minutes. And no this is not a silent install. PLEASE HELP! Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 geekcrazy

geekcrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

[bump]

#3 stdout123

stdout123

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:14 PM

What installation box are you trying to see? PSEXEC used on a remote PC will not show the graphic output of a process running on a remote PC. PSEXEC will return the console result of the process running on a remote PC, when the process is over, so you would get would be message: "PSEXEC returned with value: 0" if PSEXEC finishes normally on the remote PC.

#4 Okharon

Okharon

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Nailed it in one.

Unfortunately, PSEXEC only shows the commandline output. Some installers may have a cmdline version or be able to install the normal one with -silent, so you might be able to use that. If not, possibly look into using VNC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users