Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unintalling HPSSupply

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonix

Anonix

• Members
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

Wow. In the process of removing unneeded programs via Revo Uninstaller..and after looking up HPSupply, decided that was one program I could do without. I went through the usual uninstall process, using the 'advanced' mode, since that mode digs the deepest and finds the most registry entries. I sat and watched as the counter showed me that it was finding hundreds, then thousands of registry entries. It was ramping up (mach 5!) and showed no signs of stopping, so at about 6,500 registry entries (omg!), I hit cancel. After I hit cancel, then the screen showing the progress of the uninstall just disappeared. When I looked at Revo again, the WAS NO HPSSupply icon any longer. No way did I finish the uninstall! For anyone who has used that uninstaller, there are several steps to the process, and finding the registry entries is just the beginning.

What just happened? Now I am afraid to shut down the computer for fear that it won't boot. I have used Revo for years and never had a problem. Most typically, it finds 'a few ' registry entries associated with whatever program I am trying to uninstall...or maybe 25, but thousands?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Well...I don't really see exactly what HPSupply is...which is not a good sign.

It doesn't seem to be related at all to HP (system manufacturer) other than using those two letters.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users