Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 maciejewskim

maciejewskim

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

I am running windows 7 64 bit edition, and run the AVG antivirus. Whatever infection I have does not come up with an AVG scan, nor a Malwarebytes scan. However AVG randomly pops up saying various.exe's are infected; healing them does nothing, and they are legitimate .exe's (I assume their being hijacked). Also my google searches are redirected, my proxy settings in both firefox and IE are changed to localhost 127.0.0.1; If i change it to no proxy settings I do not get redirected, but later the setting is changed back to proxy.

Where should I start so hopefully you guys can help me clear this up?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

Is this the same computer as your other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic409008.html
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 maciejewskim

maciejewskim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

Is this the same computer as your other topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic409008.html

yup; thought i did something wrong since I have not gotten any response

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

Unfortunately the current average wait time is 11 days.

To avoid confusion I will close this topic.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users