Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire one netbook won't boot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 simpsonman3000

simpsonman3000

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

I have an old Acer Aspire one netbook I used for college this year with no past issues.

Specs:
Acer Aspire One AOA150-1126 8.9-Inch Netbook
1.6GHz Atom N270 Processor. 6 Cell Battery.
1GB DDR2 SDRAM. 160GB hard drive (2.2 pounds)

I charged it when I got back in June (it worked) but I haven't used it since and a few days ago I tried to turn it on and nothing happened, no lights or anything. I tried plugging it in and turning it on and still nothing. I left it charging overnight and still nothing, and I noticed the charging block was ice-cold even after the night of charging when it was usually warm.

Do you think that the charger could be broken or the netbook, because it was charged a month ago and was always able to keep it's charge even while off?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 strolln

strolln

• Members
  • 400 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

I had this happen to me once on my AAO and my memory is a bit hazy but I think I removed the battery and the AC adapter, then held the power button for about 30 seconds. Then I plugged in the charger, pressed the power button and it booted, shut down, reinserted the battery and it then started charging again.

Edited by strolln, 14 July 2011 - 01:51 PM.

To Err is human; to really foul things up requires a Bleeping Computer!

#3 jodav

jodav

• Members
  • 435 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 AM

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:39 AM

Hi simpsonman3000,

It could be the charger or the Netbook. Try strolins suggestion, failing that the first and easiest thing to try is an alternative 19v charger (pending that you have checked the fuse and were using a known good AC power supply socket on the suspect one). See if a friend has a laptop that uses 19v that you could borrow, or a friend that has a universal charger you could try. If not be cheeky and take your netbook into a repair shop and ask if they could connect a charger to check. Problem solving is all about elimination, so start with the charger.

Good Luck,
jodav :)

#4 simpsonman3000

simpsonman3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:46 PM

@strollin

I tried that and it still didn't work. However, when I plug in the charger after holding it down, the light does have an orange color for a second after I plug it in, kind of like when you touch an LCD monitor and a little ripple forms then goes away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users